Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

Experiencing Thanksgiving while I was living in Europe was truly unique. It was no holiday in which banks or government offices or schools were closed. We simply gathered together as Americans to eat what we could find of traditional Thanksgiving foods. And the children with me heard the familiar tradition of going around the table and listing those things for which we are thankful.

Teaching a child to say thank you is a wonderful experience. Whatever gaps there may be in my children's experiences as adults, they do know they have reason to be thankful. And with each child I've come across I have passed on the wonderful experience of giving thanks.

This weekend, no matter where you are in the world, sit and make a list of all the things you are grateful for about your children. You will see them in a new light, and the burden and confusion of caring for them will seem less.

Happy Thanksgivin
Love,
Deborah

No comments: